Monday, October 13, 2008

fall is here

























Time for colorful displays of red, yellow, and orange right? Unfortunately most of the street trees I see on my daily Baltimore treks go straight from undernourished green to shriveled brown. If these amazing banners were still posted downtown, I think they could partially satisfy my cravings for color. As things stand, I think we're going to have to make a weekend pilgrimage to the NCR trail to see leaves in full regalia. I wish I could tell you I snatched up one of the vinyl bags made from the Urban Forest Project banners, but no I totally missed the boat and now they're all gone. Nevertheless, I think they're worth revisiting. By all accounts, the Urban Forest Project was a huge success and generated tons of support and involvement in TreeBaltimore's initiative to double the size of the city tree canopy. Maybe the next time this event or some similar initiative comes around, I'll Bmore on top of things and get out there and plant something.

No comments: