Thursday, July 28, 2011

mimi's garden














































From the time I was born until I was almost five I lived in a house on my grandparents farm. It was the house my mother was born in and right next door to my great grandmother Mimi. Her tiny house was filled with well-tended house plants that seemed to thrive on the ice cubes she casually dropped in after finishing her sweet tea. A giant asparagus patch and bright heat tolerant annuals were just outside her door. South Georgia heat waves cloud my barely tangible memories. But I do know that every day I ran across the yard to spend time with my quiet, garden-loving great grandmother. It seems a fitting tribute to name these bright, sun-loving prints after her. I have a few more designs to complete for this collection, but at least I know what to call them.

No comments: